Article 1 (Personal Information)
The term “personal information” as used in the Personal Information Protection Act means “personal information” and refers to information relating to a living individual, including information that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact address, and other descriptions included in the information, as well as information (individual identification code) that can identify a specific individual from the information alone, such as features, fingerprints, voiceprint data, and the insurer number of the Health Insurance Certificate.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
The Company may ask for personal information such as name, company name, division name, title, telephone number, fax number, email address, etc. when users register for use.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows:
- 1. For the provision and operation of our services
- 2. To respond to inquiries from users (including conducting identification)
- 3. For sending emails of new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of services that users are using, and information on other services that we provide
- 4. For maintenance, important notifications, etc. as necessary
- 6. Purposes incidental to the above-mentioned purpose of use
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- 1. The Company shall change the Purpose of Use of Personal Information only when the Purpose of Use is reasonably recognized to be relevant to that before the change.
- 2. Any change in the Purpose of Use shall be notified to the User or made public on the Website in the manner prescribed by the Company with respect to the changed Purpose.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- 1. The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of users in advance, except in the following cases; provided, however, that this shall not apply to cases where permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
- 1. Cases where is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- 2. Cases where it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- 3. Cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or a person commissioned thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person in question is likely to hinder the execution of the affairs in question
- 4. Cases where the Company notifies or publicly announces the following matters in advance and the Company notifies the Personal Information Protection Committee including:
- 1. Provision to a third party for the Purpose of Use;
- 2. Items of data provided to third parties;
- 3. Means or methods of provision to third parties;
- 4. Suspension of the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the person; and
- 5. Methods of accepting requests from the person in question.
- 2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, in the following cases, the recipient of said information shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- 1. Cases where the Company entrusts the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- 2. Cases where Personal Information is provided upon the succession of business by merger or for any other reason
- 3. Cases where personal information is used jointly by a specific person and where this fact and the name or company name of the person with responsibility for (1) the items of personal information to be used jointly; (2) the scope of persons who will use the personal information jointly; (3) the Purpose of Use of the persons who will use the personal information; and (4) the management of the personal information, is notified to the person or put in a readily
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- 1. The Company will disclose personal information to the individual without delay when requested by the individual; provided, however, that the Company may not disclose all or part of the information in the event of disclosure that falls under any of the following, and in the event the Company decides not to disclose the information, the Company shall notify the Individual of this decision without delay.
- 1. Cases where there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- 2. Cases where there is a risk of causing a serious hindrance to the proper execution of the Company's business
- 3. Other cases in which disclosure would violate laws and regulations
- 2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, information other than personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information, shall not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- 1. In the event that the personal information in the possession of the Company is incorrect, the user may request that the Company correct, add, or delete the personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Correction, etc.”) in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Company.
- 2. In the event the Company determines that it is necessary to comply with the request as set forth in the preceding paragraph upon receipt of the request from the user, the Company shall make Correction, etc. of such Personal Information without delay.
- 3. The Company shall notify the User of any Correction, etc. or decision not to make such Correction, etc. in accordance with the provisions of the preceding clause without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- 1. In the event the Company is requested by the individual to suspend or delete the use of the Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use”) due to reason that the Personal Information is handled beyond the scope of the Purpose of Use or is obtained through fraudulent means, the Company will conduct necessary investigations without delay.
- 2. In the event it is deemed necessary to comply with the request based on the results of the investigation as set forth in the preceding clause, the Company shall suspend the use of such personal information without delay.
- 3. The Company will notify the user of any Suspension of Use or decision not to suspend use in accordance with the provisions of the preceding clause without delay.
- 4. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two clauses, in the event the Company would incur a large expense for the Suspension of Use, or in the event it is difficult to implement Suspension of Use, the Company shall take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user.
- 1. The contents of this Policy may be changed without notice to the user, except for matters otherwise provided by laws or ordinances or in this Policy.
Article 10 (Contact Information)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the Company using the following inquiry form.
Article 11 (Shared Use of Personal Information)
The Company may share the obtained Personal Information with it’s affiliated companies Saito Seiki Intelligence and Saito Seiki Engineering.
Items of personal data to be shared and used are as follows:
- 1. Company name, name, division name, title, email address, phone number, and fax number.
- 2. Contents of inquiries
- 3. The scope of shared users of Personal Information is the Company’s parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
- 4. The Purpose of Use for shared Personal Information is as prescribed in Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
- 5. The person responsible for the management of personal data used shall be Saito Seiki. Co., Ltd.
Aritcle 12 (Management of Personal Information)
Regarding management of information provided by users, in order to prevent the leakage, falsification, loss, and unintended use of Personal Information, the Company will strictly manage Personal Information in accordance with relevant laws, guidelines, and its internal rules.
In addition, the Company will provide necessary education and training to its employees on the appropriate handling of Personal Information.